Easy to make / no bake pocket rockets to carry in your jersey and help prevent bonking on testing rides. Homemade – so you know exactly what goes into them and a great mix of both fast and slow release energy sources.
To make around 12 x power balls – you need –
- 100 g of rolled porridge oats
- 250 g of de stoned dates
- 60 g of chia seeds
- 50 g of agave necture or maple syrup
To make –
- Tip oats, dates and seeds into a food blender ( i whizz half the ingredients at a time – to get an even mix )
- Blend for around 1 x minute
- Add agave nectar or maple syrup and blend again for around 30 x seconds
- Spoon mix out of blender and roll into balls – about 10 / 12 x golf ball sized
- Place balls onto a grease proof paper lined tray
- Put tray into fridge for about 1 x hour to firm up
These are great to have just before starting your ride or rolled in foil / grease proof paper in your jersey pocket to take with you. The dates provide instant energy – being at the very top of the Glycemic Index table, while the oats provide long term, slow release energy – being in mid table.