A quick and nourishing smoothie – low in fat, full of antioxidants and muscle mending protein if you include a scoop of protein powder – ideal to whizz up and enjoy as soon as your ride is over.
For 2 x riders (about 500 ml) you need –
- 300 g of fresh or frozen berries – blueberries – raspberries – strawberries – mixed berries
- 50 g rolled porridge oats
- 30 g unflavoured, vanilla or berry vegan protein powder
- 1 x teaspoon of maple syrup – agave nectar or similar
- 300 / 500 ml of plant based milk
- 2 x teaspoons of milled or whole linseed – chia seeds – ground flaxseed – couple of ice cubes (all optional)
To make –
- Put everything into a food blender
- Put lid on a make sure it is secure – or hold it as well like i do !
- Blend until very smooth (adding a little extra milk or water to loosen )
- Pour into glasses and enjoy
If drunk within 30 minutes of your session finishing, the good things in these smoothies will set you up to repair and reinvigorate tired muscles, ready to hit the road again.