56 km / 35 miles
731 m / 2398 ft
Event HQ –
Your route begins on the Lune cycleway and heads through Halton village before a short, sharp climb to gain the quiet road that heads north, towards The Lakes.
Traffic free lanes lead to a short section of quiet A road through Burton in Kendal and soon leaves this to pass through several small communities en route to Milnthorpe.
Once through the village – continue straight along the coast road towards the seaside town of Arnside, ride through the village and along its promenade before turning your back to the coast and heading inland, discovering the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where we ride most. You will soon pass through our home town of Carnforth and back up to the surrounding hillsides.
Here you can savour a last view across Morecambe Bay and the distant Cumbrian Fells before dropping back down to event HQ.
Once back you can enjoy a well earned drink, snack and massage before relaxing poolside.
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support at HQ and en route
- professional medic support – by paramedics in a fully equipped ambulance
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% way marked course
- GPX files of each route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- broom wagons following each route
- free to download event photo graphs
- post ride goody bag, snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals available for purchase with online entry