Don’t delay – enter today.
On-line entries close 14 September 2018 @ 23.59hrs !
Date – 16 September 2018
Start / finish – 3-1-5 Health Club, Mannin Way, Lancaster, Lancs, LA1 3PE
Start time – 0700 / 0800 hrs
Pre ride breakfast – @ Holiday Inn next to start area – 0600hrs onward from £8.75 pp – please ring 01524 840066 (reception) to book
Route – 153km / 95 mile loop in The Forest of Bowland
Ascent – 3487m / 11 437ft
This is our shortest “100 mile” ride, but its not for the faint hearted – in fact its a bit of a beast !!
Push your legs to their limits on this cycling challenge through the little known routes in and around some of North West England’s best places to ride a bike..
You will leave Lancaster on the riverside cycleway before heading inland towards Quernmore and up into the Bowland Forest area.
Our route ascends through both Oakenclough and Chipping en route to the Clitheroe area. Traffic free lanes are then followed to explore the remote Ribble Valley District – North through the quite village of Slaidburn and almost to the foothills of The Yorkshire Dales.
But a large U turn is executed that will steer you South again – surrounded by some of the most scenic and remote roads a bike can take you, passing through Gisburn Forest, alongside the picturesque Stocks Reservoir and on to the very centre of the British Isles at Dunsop Bridge’s phone box.
The challenge of ascending the legendary Trough of Bowland awaits shortly after – followed by the stunning views as you ride past The Jubilee Tower before the brake testing descent back down to Quernmore and the riverside that leads back to HQ
On your return to the finish area you will be presented with your bespoke souvenir event medal, muffin and goody bag.
Then park your bike and join us inside the incredible 3-1-5 Health Club for a complimentary drink and a relaxing swim in one of their 3 pools along with a massage, Jacuzzi and sauna.
There are no extra fees to find for parking or relaxing in the pool post ride. Your entry fee includes a donation by Top Dog Events to –
- Free parking and toilets
- Online entry
- Indoor waiting area for families and supporters
- Challenging routes on quite roads in stunning areas
- Mechanical support – by Bike Ranger
- Well signed routes
- Friendly marshals
- British Cycling Public Liability Insurance
- Bespoke finishers medal
- Regular feed and drink stations
- Event photography – free to download post ride – by Sports Sunday
- Medics along the route
- Sweep up vehicles
- Goody bags for all finishers
- Complimentary drink and snack @ finish
- Free post ride massage / swim / sauna / jacuzzi in 3-1-5 Health Club for all
- Support for 2 x local charities – St Johns Hospice and Wolfwood Animal Sanctuary
Join the team – we would be very grateful if you could spare some time to give us a hand on events-riders, marshal one and enter one for free !! Contact Us
Online Entry fee – £40.00
Entry on the day – £45.00
Discounted entry to all 3 x rides – £100.00
Mates Rates – 4 x riders – £140.00
* please note that we use British Cycling s online entry system – you will be asked to register certain personal information prior to entering – this is needed to process your entry, enable us to contact you, speed up future entries and ensure you are covered by British Cycling s public liability insurance*