Distance – 66 miles
Ascent – 7180 ft / 2189 mtrs
Event Hq – Lowther Castle
You will leave The Castle grounds and ride through the village of Askham then along the narrow lanes that head to Pooley Bridge and the shores of Ullswater, having ridden the entire length of the northern shore. It is soon time to knuckle down for the challenging ascent of Kirkstone Pass – 20% plus in places and rated #83 of Britain’s Top 100 Climbs.
Then an exciting downhill takes you past Troutbeck and towards the village of Staveley, remote lanes are then followed towards the hidden roman road that runs between Howtown and Tebay.
More quiet country lanes are then ridden through the Eden District to the east of the M6, winding their way back to Lowther Castle, where you can enjoy the rest of the festival.
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets and changing
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- 1 x well stocked feed station en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- broom wagons
- post ride snacks and drinks
- free entry into Saturdays Festival of Cycling event
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase