51 km / 32 miles
801 m / 2630 ft
Event HQ –
Your ride initially follows the River Lune along its cycleway towards Halton village. Once through the village you continue up through the sheep filled pastures high above the Lune Valley.
Narrow lanes are followed through several more small villages before you join the short section of wide and quiet A road that heads North towards Burton in Kendal village.
The main road is quickly left in favour of deserted lanes that skirt around Farleton Knott and lead to Hutton Roof. You will continue along the lanes, through several small hamlets while enjoying memorable views across Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells.
Before you know it, you will be recrossing the River Lune and be back at event HQ, where you can enjoy a well earned drink, snack and massage before relaxing in the pool.
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase