48 km / 30 miles
721 m / 2366 ft
Event HQ –
Your day begins by leaving the start area and heading east along the Lune Cycleway into Caton village, once through the village you will quickly find yourself riding into remote countryside where little traffic ever ventures.
As you progress you will enjoy great views across Morecambe Bay and The Fylde Coast, on the right day Snowdonia and Scotland can be clearly seen as you continue to skirt around the remote lanes and through the village of Dolphinholme.
The River Wyre is now followed into the fells and some steady climbing leads up to the Jubilee Tower landmark and impressive views across a vast area. It is now mainly downhill all the way back event HQ.
Once back at 3-1-5 Health club you can relax with a well earned drink, snack, massage and soak in the pool.
- free secure parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support at HQ and en route
- event cancellation insurance by – Event Protect.
- Professional medical support – by paramedics in a fully equipped ambulance
- Qualified remote area 1st aiders en route
- 100% way marked course
- GPX files of each route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- free to download event photographs
- times published online post event
- broom wagons following each route
- post ride goody bag, snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals available for purchase with online entry