102 km / 63 miles
1749 m / 5736 ft
Event HQ –
Feed Stations –
1 on top of Jeffery Hill ( roughly half way )
You leave the start area and head east along the Lune Cycleway into Caton village, once through the village you quickly find yourself riding into remote countryside where little traffic ever comes.
For several miles ahead you will enjoy great views across Morecambe Bay and The Fylde Coast, on the right day Snowdonia and Scotland can be clearly seen as you progress.
The terrain gets more and more remote until Chipping village is reached, once through, it’s back to riding country lanes, until the short but challenging climb up Jeffery Hill with great views across Lancashire – turning at New Drop Inn and heading towards our well earned refreshment break with great views of Pendle Hill.
A steep descent starts your journey towards Waddington where your route heads back towards the Bowland hills, via a steady ascent of Waddington Fell .
Remote lanes then lead to Dunsop Bridge, which is the geographic center of the British Isles, after which a quiet lane is followed up the challenging ascent of The Trough of Bowland, a well know test piece for local cyclists and #75 of Britain’s Top 100 Climbs
Once you get your breath back, undulating lanes lead past the Jubilee Tower and its amazing view over the local area, this is the final ascent of the day, and before you know it you will be back at event HQ, where you can relax with a well earned drink, snack, massage and Jacuzzi.
- free secure parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support at HQ and e n route
- event cancellation insurance by – Event Protect.
- professional medical support – by paramedics in a fully equipped ambulance
- qualified remote area 1st aiders en route
- 100% way marked course
- GPX files of each route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- 1 x well stocked feed station en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- riders times published online post event
- free to download event photos
- broom wagons following each route
- post ride goody bag, snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals available for purchase with online entry