102 km / 63 miles
1749 m / 5736 ft
Event HQ –
You leave the start area and head east along the Lune Cycleway into Caton village, once through the village you quickly find yourself riding into remote countryside where little traffic ever comes.
For several miles ahead you will enjoy great views across Morecambe Bay and The Fylde Coast, on the right day Snowdonia and Scotland can be clearly seen as you progress.
The terrain gets more and more remote until Chipping village is reached, once through, it’s back to riding country lanes, with great views across to Pendle Hill all the way to Waddington where your route heads back towards the Bowland hills.
Remote lanes then lead to Dunsop Bridge, which is the geographic center of the British Isles, after which a quiet lane is followed up the challenging ascent of The Trough of Bowland, a well know test piece for local cyclists and No 75 in UK’s top 100 hill climbs.
Once you get your breath back, undulating lanes lead past the Jubilee Tower and its amazing view over the local area, this is the final ascent of the day, and before you know it you will be back at event HQ, where you can relax with a well earned drink, snack, massage and jacuzzi.
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase