109 km / 68 miles
1 840 m / 6036 ft
Event HQ –
Your day starts on The Lune River pathway and you ride a short way alongside the River Lune before crossing it and travelling through the quiet village of Halton, up and over quiet lanes that eventually cross back over the river at Lyon Bridge.
Your route then passes through Hornby, with its castle-like hall and ancient church. Then remote lanes that bypass Wray and the Bentham villages are followed to Ingleton.
Ride through the village, calling in at loos if needed, up the short climb out of the village and onto the roman road that separates the lofty Whernside and Ingleborough hills.
Continue straight ahead for several miles, passing the famous Ribblehead Viaduct until you leave the road at our feedstation, and descend into Dent village and its cobbled streets.
Leave Dent and follow remote lanes to the book town of Sedbergh and continue past the well known school and its grounds.
After a short section of A road, you turn left and follow narrow, traffic free lanes all the way into Kirkby Lonsdale and then more country lanes lead you back towards the Lancaster area – with one last ascent to give memorable views over Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells
Once back at event HQ – enjoy a well earned massage, snack and drink before relaxing poolside
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please))
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase