109 km / 68.5 miles
1560 m / 5116 ft
Event HQ –
Feed Stations –
1 in Dent village ( roughly half way )
Your day starts on The Lune River pathway and you ride a short way alongside the River Lune before crossing it and travelling through the quiet village of Halton, up and over quiet lanes that eventually cross back over the river at Lyon Bridge.
Your route then passes through Hornby, with its castle-like hall and ancient church. Then remote lanes that bypass Wray and the Bentham villages are followed to Ingleton.
Ride through the village, calling in at loos if needed, up the short climb out of the village and onto the roman road that separates the lofty Whernside and Ingleborough hills.
Continue straight ahead for several miles, passing the famous Ribblehead Viaduct, leaving the “main” road and descending into Dent village and its cobbled streets, where you will find our well stocked feed station to re stock and a chance to park your bike, stretch your legs and maybe buy a hot drink and cake from one of the nearby local cafes.
Your route then leaves Dent to follow remote lanes towards the book town of Sedbergh and riding past the well known school and its grounds.
After a short section of A road, you turn left to follow narrow, undulating traffic free lanes all the way into Kirkby Lonsdale and then more country lanes lead you back towards the Lancaster area – with one last ascent to give memorable views over Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells
Once back at event HQ – enjoy a well earned snack and drink before relaxing poolside
- free secure parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please))
- mechanical support en route
- professional medical support – by paramedics in a fully equipped ambulance
- qualified remote area 1st aiders en route
- 100% way marked course
- GPX files of each route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- 1 x well stocked feed station en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- free to download event photographs
- riders times published online post event
- broom wagons following each route
- post ride goody bag, snacks and hot drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals available for purchase with online entry