106.5 km / 66 miles
1560 m / 5116 ft
Event HQ –
Lancaster Park & Ride car park, Caton Road, Lancaster, LA2 9HG (M6 junc 34)
Feed Stations –
1 in Dent village ( roughly half way )
Your day starts on The Lune River pathway and you ride a short way alongside the River Lune before leaving the cycleway for the quite lanes that lead to The Dales.
Your route then crosses the main Skipton / Kendal road to pass through the remote villages of Austwick and Horton in Ribblesdale – and you now ride among the giant peaks of Ingleborough, Pen Y Gent and Whernside that make up the notorious “3 Peaks Challenge”.
The famous Ribblehead Viaduct (as seen in Harry Potter) is glanced shortly before leaving the “main” road and descending into Dent village and its cobbled streets, where you will find our well stocked feed station to re stock and a chance to park your bike, stretch your legs and maybe buy a hot drink and cake from one of the nearby local cafes.
Go easy though – as your route soon soon turns and steeply climbs up Gawthrop towards the hidden gem that is Barbondale – a big favourite with most of the Top Dog Team – just remember that what goes up must come down !!
Soon enough you arrive at the famous Devils Bridge near Kirkby Lonsdale (count the bikers)
After a short section of A road, you turn left to follow narrow, undulating traffic free lanes away from Kirkby Lonsdale and then more country lanes lead you back towards the Lancaster area – with one last ascent to give memorable views over Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells
- free secure parking on tarmac
- rider numbers posted to participants – no queuing for registration
- on site toilets
- mechanical support en route
- professional medical support – by paramedics in a fully equipped ambulance
- qualified remote area 1st aiders en route
- 100% way marked course
- GPX files of each route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- 1 x well stocked feed station en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- free to download event photographs
- riders times published online post event
- broom wagons to retrieve broken bikes and riders
- post ride goody bags, completion certificates, drinks and snacks
- souvenir event medals available for purchase with online entry