106 km / 66 miles
1 335 m / 4380 ft
Event HQ –
Feed Stations –
1 – near Staverley village ( roughly half way )
Your day starts by following the Lune cycle-way and heading through Halton village before a short, sharp climb that gains the quiet road that heads north and towards The Lakes.
Traffic free lanes then lead to a short section of quiet A road through Burton in Kendal and continues over the busy A65 at a roundabout. After a short distance, deserted country lanes are rejoined and then followed around the large Cumbrian town of Kendal.
Your route joins and follows the A road that heads to Shap for a short way before descending to cross the hidden River Sprint and following the remote lanes that lead to Staveley village, with its toilets and our well stocked feedstation.
Once through the village you will head south on remote lanes through several villages and head across the busy A6 towards the coast at Arnside.
You will then turn your back on the coast and head inland through the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that we ride most, to pass through our home town of Carnforth and back up to the surrounding hillsides. Here you can savour the memorable view across Morecambe Bay and the distant Cumbrian Fells before dropping back down to event HQ.
Our events will have to be run a bit differently for a while – unfortunately we can’t offer the usual benefits of being hosted by our good friends @ 3-1-5 Health Club, Lancaster – like showers, swims, Jacuzzi, coffees or changing rooms due to Covid 19 / British Cycling guidelines – but we are still proud to include –
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets
indoor changing and showers entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support en route
- professional medic cover – by paramedics in a fully equipped ambulance
- qualified remote area 1st aiders en route
- 100% way marked course
- GPX files of each route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- 1 x well stocked feed station en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- free to download event photographs
- broom wagons patrolling the route
- post ride goody bag to include snacks and drinks
complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi post ride indoor rest area with free hot drink and snacks
- souvenir medals available to purchase with online entry