106 km / 66 miles
1 335 m / 4380 ft
Event HQ –
Your day starts by following the Lune cycleway and heading through Halton village before a short, sharp climb that gains the quiet road that heads north and towards The Lakes.
Traffic free lanes then lead to a short section of quiet A road through Burton in Kendal and continues over the busy A65 at a roundabout. After a short distance, deserted country lanes are rejoined and then followed around the large Cumbrian town of Kendal.
Your route joins and follows the A road that heads to Shap for a short way before descending to cross the hidden River Sprint and following the remote lanes that lead to Staveley village, with its toilets and feedstation.
Once through the village you will head south on remote lanes through several villages and head across the busy A6 towards the coast at Arnside.
You will then turn your back on the coast and head inland through the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that we ride most, to pass through our home town of Carnforth and back up to the surrounding hillsides. Here you can savour the memorable view across Morecambe Bay and the distant Cumbrian Fells before dropping back down to event HQ.
Once back you can enjoy a well earned drink, snack and massage before relaxing poolside.
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available (cash only please)
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- broom wagons
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi